The average rate of return among European countries is around 44%. (Germany 55%, France 39%, the Netherlands 43%, Spain 30%) and one of the barriers to making a purchasing decision is the impossibility of returning goods easily and inexpensively.
By extending our partnership integrations with selected couriers, you have the opportunity to offer your customers cross-border return shipments throughout the European Union.
Find out how cross-border return shipments work in the service offered by the shop.
Courier services with which you can handle return shipments to your shop
- UPS (cross-border EU and domestic shipments)
- Inpost courier (domestic shipemnts only)
- DHL Express (only cross-border shipments within the EU)
Of course, you must have a signed contract with the above couriers and correctly configured access data in the module Administration->Courier Configuration.
Activate return shipments in your shop
You can handle return shipments in two modes:
- The return shipping label is printed together with the shipping label at the order packing stage and attached to the package. The customer only has to pack the goods, stick the label and send the package.
- The customer registers the return in the shop, prints the return label and return form and then sends the package to the shop.
- The return shipment to the shop is handled by the same courier company that delivered the order.
To activate return labels
- In the module Administration->Courier Configuration select whether the return label is to be attached to the package with the order or generated at the stage of creating returns by the buyer.
- For the selected courier, choose which courier service is to be used for the shipment (this service will be used for the return shipment (independent of the courier service the order was sent with). These will usually be the cheapest service.
- Using the example of the DHL Express courier: You can choose to return your order by air (DHL Express 09:00, DHL Express 12:00, DHL Express Worldwide), regardless of which air service you have sent the order by (DHL Express 09:00, DHL Express 12:00, DHL Express Worldwide), the return shipment will be processed by the cheapest DHL Economy Select road transport service.
- In the module Administration->Configuration of returns of sold goods and Administration->Configuration of the complaints department (RMA), in the section Return shipments by the shop - own service, configure the cost of the return shipment and the method of its settlement with the customer.
- You have the option to specify the cost separately for cross-border return shipments and separately for return shipments within the same country (so-called "domestic" shipments - e.g. return shipments within Poland).
- For example, a UPS courier: You want to handle return shipments with a UPS courier but at the same time you send your goods abroad and within Poland. The cost of shipping from any EU country to Poland will be significantly higher than the cost of return shipping from a customer from Poland, so if you provide a correspondingly higher cost to the shop for a return shipment abroad, it will be transferred to the return if the return address is in any EU country.
- On the Product card, in the Shipment, Return and Complaint Settings section, select whether the merchandise can be returned after purchase and that the shop will generate the return shipping label itself.
Creating returns by your shop's customers
The process of creating a cross-border shipment for return or complaint is very easy. It is carried out by the buyer in the modules 'Products Returns and 'Products Complaints after the customers logs in to their shop account.
From the level of the modules the customer realizes the following steps of the wizard:
- Selects the order from which he wants to return the goods
- Indicates which exact goods he wants to return and in what quantity
- Selects a way to return the goods, in this case with "I will use the return shipment offered by the shop"".
- Selects the address of the return point (each warehouse that handles returns)
- Chooses the form of reimbursement
- Adds the return notification
The last step is to print and sign the automatically completed return form and print the return label. Your customer already has everything they need to send the return shipment.
Return shipments from countries outside the EU
At the moment, products returning from countries outside the customs union are subject to the same regulations as any imported product, which means that the consignment will need to be cleared through customs and appropriate documentation, customs duty will be charged on the value of the goods and VAT will be added. These requirements result in a significant increase in the cost of handling returns, which will have to be borne by the seller. For this reason we have blocked the option to process returns for non-EU countries.