1 October 2012
IOF 2.4 - brand new version of offer sharing format
Version 2.4 of IOF format has been published.
Modifications in comparison to 2.3 version:
- dictionaries.xml file and all information on glossaries from full.xml file removed,
- new parameters.xml file and information on parameters to full.xml file added,
- culture-specific information added to preset.xml file.
When it comes to parameters in IOF, the change is not limited only to a file name change, but also:
- parameters.xml file contains a list of all sections, parameters and values in sections, parameters, values tags - each element has its own ID.
- full.xml file informs about what parameters product should have. Parameters are identified there with the same IDs as in parameters.xml file. IAI Downloader reads information about following parameter/section/value from parameters.xml file:
- name in multiple languages,
- description in multiple languages,
- graphics on product card for multiple languages,
- graphics on products list for multiple languages.
Notice: Current IAI Downloader version is not yet fitted to work with this format version. Soon a new version will be published with support for parameters.
More information about the IOF 2.4 can be found on Internet Offer Format (IOF) - functional specification webpage.