Google Shopping integration advantages
By providing detailed product and offer data to Google Shopping, you can present personalized ads, complete with important information such as price, availability, or picture, to potential customers browsing the search engine.
In other words it is a more targeted way of conveying information about your offer to people searching for products similar to yours.
Ads can be target to customers searching for a specific product, but can also appear as suggestions to people searching for a related group of products, e.g. sport shoes.
After entering a relevant phrase into the search engine, or the Google Shopping catalog, ads for related products will appear.
How to start using Google Shopping in your store
- The first step is to create a product data feed. To do so, configure the Google Shopping service under MARKETING / Price comparison sites, catalogues and custom data feeds
- To integrate your offer, log in to Google Merchant Center. There you will need to fill in the shipping cost and delivery time details, under Settings / Shipping
- The product feed can be configured by navigating to Feeds and clicking on + Feed. Go through the feed configuration wizard as shown below. File name and URL are found in the IdoSell administration panel.
- Based on the uploaded product data you can create enhanced AdWords campaigns. Information on how to create such ads is available here
- We suggest assigning a Google Shopping category to products in your shop's administration panel. Categories can be assigned under PRODUCTS / Categories of products in the panel.
In order for a product to be included in the data feed, it needs to contain the below information:
- Name (max. 70 characters, longer names will be truncated)
- Picture without watermarks (Google rejects pictures containing anything else than the product itself)
- Unique product code (SKU), which is by default configured in the Code displayed on the details page field. More information about unique product identifiers can be found here
We suggest assigning a Google Shopping category to products in your shop's administration panel. Categories can be assigned under PRODUCTS / Categories of products in the panel.
Things to consider
Remember that marketing campaigns, also Google Shopping, require regular optimization to manage their effectiveness. Simply uploading some product data and enabling ads can often bring no benefits to your business. If you need help managing your marketing strategy, consider contacting one of our dedicated partners.
What countries are supported?
Your store's offer can be directed to potential customers from the following countries using Google Shopping:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
- Republic of South Africa
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates